Perl Style: The Care and Feeding of Modules
- Document your modules with Pod. Test your pod with pod2man and with pod2html.
- Use the Carp module’s
- Well written modules seldom require
::. Users should get at module contents using an import or a class method call.
- Traditional modules are fine. Don’t jump to full objects just because it’s considered cool. Do it only when the occasion obviously calls for it.
- Access to objects should only be through object methods.
- Object methods should themselves access class data through pointers on the object.
Copyright © 1998, Tom Christiansen All rights reserved.
Something wrong with this article? Help us out by opening an issue or pull request on GitHub