What's new on CPAN - September 2017
Welcome to “What’s new on CPAN”, a curated look at last month’s new CPAN uploads for your reading and programming pleasure. Enjoy!
APIs & Apps
- Convenient send Bitcoin from a NoodlePi using App::NoodlePay
- App::SSH::SwitchShell let’s you use your preferred shell and own home directory for shared SSH accounts
- Fetch the air date of your favorite TV show’s next episode using WebService::NextEpisode
- WebService::Vichan is an API client for 4chan and vichan-based imageboards
- A perl PagerDuty client with PagerDuty::Agent
- Sendmail::AbuseIPDB API access for IP address abuse database
- Slack::Notify can Trigger Slack incoming webhooks
- Splunk HTTP Event Collector (HEC) Client with Splunk::HEC
Config & Devops
- Map Perl releases to location of the tarballs via MetaCPAN API using CPAN::Perl::Releases::MetaCPAN
- Win32::PowerShell::IPC can interactively manipulate a captive PowerShell process
- Enumerate printers in Windows using Win32::EnumPrinters
- Document::OOXML manipulates of Office Open XML files
- Geo::OSM::Render is a collection of modules to render OpenStreetMap data
- Text::Control transforms control characters and makes them easy to spot
Development & Version Control
- Acme::Data::Dumper::Extensions - experimental enhancements Data::Dumper, fun!
- Const::Fast::Exporter can export Const::Fast immutable variables
- Importer::Zim can import functions à la Invader Zim. Similar to Import::Box
- Convert lists to hashes extremely fast with List::ToHash
- Allow Moo attributes to be “thunked” using MooX::Thunking
- MooseX::AccessorsOnly can react when users root around inside your objects
- goto::file Stop parsing the current file and move on to a different one. Woah!
- Build trampolining functions with async/await syntax using Async::Trampoline
- Lab::VXI11 Perl interface to VXI-11 test & measurement backend
- Use Pimoroni’s Awesome Unicorn HAT HD with RPi::UnicornHatHD
Language & International
- Emoji::NationalFlag convert from country code to national flag emoji
- Extract Strings To PO Files with Locale::XGettext
Science & Mathematics
- Crypt::Cisco provides commands for Cisco Type 7 Passwords
- MEME::Alphabet provides nucleobase alphabet capabilities for Perl code.
- Dancer2::Plugin::OpenAPIRoutes creates routes automatically from a Swagger config file. Cool!
- Mojo::IOLoop::ReadWriteProcess executes external programs or internal code blocks as separate process.
- Mojolicious::Plugin::Loop provides convenience functions for looping in Mojo templates
This article was originally posted on PerlTricks.com.
Something wrong with this article? Help us out by opening an issue or pull request on GitHub