What's new on CPAN - February 2014
Welcome to “What’s new on CPAN” - a curated look at last month’s new CPAN uploads for your reading and programming pleasure. Enjoy!
- Interact with AWS Simple Queue Services using: AWS::SQS::Simple
- Dokuwiki::RPC::XML::Client is a client for DokuWiki
- Access the CampBX bitcoin trading platform using Finance::CampBX
- InfluxDB is a time series database, InfluxDB provides a Perl API.
- Sync files between machines using using BitTorrent Sync and Net::BitTorrentSync
- WebService::ImKayac::Simple is a message sender for im.kayac, the notification service
- Manage workflow jobs using CA::WAAE - an interface for CA’s Workflow Automation product
- Buid static web sites with App::Dapper
- Prettify JSON, YAML and Perl data and translate into other languages with pretty
- Fly the Parrot AR.Drone using UAV::Pilot::ARDrone
- Gnuplot::Builder is an OO library for the gnuplot
- Share data efficiently between processes using Hash::SharedMem
- Image::Quantize will quantize image data into 256 or fewer colours
- Build JSON under memory constraints with JSON::Builder
- Generate random Japanese names using Mock::Person::JP
Development & System Administration
Find all CPAN modules that reference a particular CPAN module with CPAN::ReverseDependencies
warnings::MaybeFatal will turn warnings FATAL at compile time only
IPC::PrettyPipe facilitates debugging and execution piped commands.
A whole host of new Dist::Zilla validation plugins:
- Check for plugins performing actions outside of the appropriate phase with Dist::Zilla::Plugin::VerifyPhases
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::DiagINC helps you find the @INC dependencies for a specific test failure
- Check for clean namespaces: Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::CleanNamespaces
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Breaks tracks breaking module versions as metadata and Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::CheckBreaks tests for breaks
- Obfuscate text in the style of the Zalgo meme: Acme::Zalgo
- SudokuTrainer helps detect successful Sudoku strategies
Maths & Science
- AI::FANN::Evolving is an evolving artificial neural implementation class for the Fast Artificial Neural Network library.
- Crypt::Curve25519 will generate a shared secret using an elliptic-curve Diffie-Hellman function, for message encryption.
- Crypt::Lucifer is an implementation of IBM’s Lucifer block cipher from the 1970s.
- Enable ScryptKDF in DBIx::Class with DBIx::Class::EncodedColumn::Crypt::Scrypt
- Test::Cucumber::Tiny is a lightweight, plaintext-driven testing framework
- Conveniently manage the state of DBIx::Class test data with DBIx::Class::EasyFixture
- Test::DiagINC will list all (deep) dependencies on test failure
- Create a temporary instance of MongoDb for testing with Test::mongod
HTTP::Entity::Parser is a PSGI compliant HTTP entity parser
Add a timeout and retry feature to HTTP::Tiny using HTTP::Retry
Make Catalyst user notification handling easier with Catalyst::Plugin::SimpleMessage
Plack::Middleware::LightProfile is a simple profiler for Plack applications.
Dump the Apache server scoreboard when full with Apache2::ScoreboardDumper
New Mojolicious modules:
- Mojo::FriendFeed is a non blocking FriendFeed listener
- Run a generic TCP server with Mojo::Server::TCP
- Defer template rendering with MojoX::Renderer::IncludeLater a template post-processor
- Mojolicious::Plugin::VHost adds virtual hosts to Mojolicious
Enjoyed this article? Help us out and retweet it!
This article was originally posted on PerlTricks.com.
Something wrong with this article? Help us out by opening an issue or pull request on GitHub