What's new on CPAN - January 2014
Welcome to the first edition of “What’s new on CPAN”. Every month we aim to bring you a curated look at last month’s new CPAN uploads for your reading and programming pleasure. Enjoy!
- Games::EveOnline::EveCentral is an interface to the ever-popular game EVE Online.
- Want to manage corporate HR data via an online service? WebService::BambooHR. provides an API for BambooHR.com.
- Add setlock functionality to Redis with Redis::Setlock.
- Need to translate addresses into map coordinates (geocoding)? WebService::Geocodio is a wrapper for geocod.io that does just that.
- If you’re interested in Bitcoin trading, Finance::Bank::Kraken is an API for the Kraken bitcoin market.
- Want to scrape websites intelligently ? WebService::Diffbot is an unoffical Perl API for the Diffbot service.
- proxyhunter is a proxy server search and checking tool. It supports Postgres, MySQL and SQLite as backend models.
- Pipe application output to a websocket with App::screenorama it can capture stdout / stderr.
- App::YTDL is another YouTube downloader. Time will tell if it surpasses current king WWW::YouTube::Download.
- Now you can control you’re own remote control car with UAV::Pilot::WumpusRover::Server.
- Work with JSON in Perl? Consider IO::Async::JSONStream it asynchronously decodes JSON into Perl data structures.
- EBook::EPUB::Check validates .epub files.
- Need to create realistic but fake data? Faker is a re-implementation of the classic Data::Faker module.
- Give Image::JPEG::EstimateQuality a JPEG and it will estimate the photo quality.
- Convert markdown to phpBB / BBCode using Markdown::phpBB.
- Biblio::SICI provides methods for working with Serial Item and Contribution Identifiers an ANSI/NISO standard for periodicals.
- If you work with TBX data, Convert::TBX::Min will convert TBX-Min to TBX-Basic.
Development & System Administration
- Use Sub::Trigger::Lock to prevent direct access of Moose attributes, and force users to only use the implemented interface.
- Monitor process memory usage with Memory::Stats.
- Writing a Perl XS module? Dist::Zilla::Plugin::TemplateXS is a template driven plugin for minting new XS files.
- Chess::960 is a random starting position generator for Chess960.
- WebService::SyoboiCalendar provides an interface to an online Japanese TV schedule for Anime shows.
- Check out Acme::Ehoh, it will return your lucky direction, based on ancient Japanese traditions.
Maths & Science
- Calculate moving averages of data with PDL::Finance::TA.
- Graph::RandomPath will generate a random path between to vertices in a Graph object.
- Graph::SomeUtils provides utility methods for Graph objects.
- Forward TCP / UDP packets to another host with Net::Forward.
- Lembas is a new framework for testing command line applications. It has a simple markup that follows shell commands almost verbatim.
- Want to use database data in your testing? Take a look at Test::FixtureBuilder.
- Authenticate a user against multiple realms with Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::Fallback.
- Dancer::Plugin::Legacy::Routing helps you safely refactor your Dancer application routes.
- Speed up Mojolicious’ JSON handling with MojoX::JSON::XS.
- Render POD in your Mojolicious app with MojoX::Plugin::PODRenderer.
- Use Mojolicious::Command::nopaste to build a pastebin (nopaste) site with Mojolicious.
Enjoyed this article? Help us out and retweet us!
This article was originally posted on PerlTricks.com.
Something wrong with this article? Help us out by opening an issue or pull request on GitHub