What's new on CPAN - November 2015
Welcome to “What’s new on CPAN”, a curated look at last month’s new CPAN uploads for your reading and programming pleasure. Enjoy!
APIs & Apps
- App::Highlander can provides simple named locks. Useful!
- Pick one or more random lines from input using App::PickRandomLines
- A “Random Access Machine” Emulator: Language::RAM
- Sync data across multiple regions with Net::Amazon::DynamoDB::HighlyAvailable
- Net::Amazon::DynamoDB::Table provides a high-level interface to Net::Amazon::DyamoDB::Lite
- WWW::KeenIO provides a Perl API for the event storage and analytics service
- WWW::Saucelabs is a “perilously incomplete”, yet useful, Perly interface to the Saucelabs REST API
- Find out what’s on TV using the TVMaze API and WWW::TVMaze
- WebService::Zendesk is another work-in-progress but useful API, this time for Zendesk
Config & Devops
- Net::FTPTLS is a super-simple Perl FTP client with TLS support. Cool!
- Net::SSH2::Cisco let’s you talk to Cisco routers via SSH!
- Configure, control and monitor rate limits for services with RateLimitations
- Compress data at outrageous speeds with Compress::LZ4Frame, which ships with the LZ4 compression library written in C.
- DBIx::BulkUtil provides bulk load and other features for relational databases
- Wow, DOM::Tiny is a minimalist but feature-rich DOM parser using CSS selectors
- Interesting, play with a virtual file system using Filesys::Virtual::Chroot
- IMAP::Query can generateIMAP search queries
- Mail::DKIM::Iterator validates DKIM signatures and signs asynchronously
Development & Version Control
- Devel::Trepan::Deparse adds deparse support to Devel::Trepan
- Test some? Only execute a subset of your test suite using Test::Some, author Yanick blogged about why this might be useful
- Unix::Pledge restrict system operations on BSD using
- Talk to Windows machines over the network using Win32::Netsh
Paul Evans has been hard at work releasing several new chip driver modules, way to go Paul!
- BV4243 Device::Chip::BV4243
- DS1307 Device::Chip::DS1307
- INA219 Device::Chip::INA219
- MAX7219 Device::Chip::MAX7219
- MCP23x17 family Device::Chip::MCP23x17
- MPL3115A2 Device::Chip::MPL3115A2
- Generate CSS sprites from a series of images using CSS::SpriteMaker::Simple
- Look up zodiac sign for a given date with Zodiac::Tiny
Science & Mathematics
- LCS::Similar allows differences in the compared elements of Longest Common Subsequence (LCS) Algorithm
- Simulate genomic restriction digests with RestrictionDigest
- Catalyst::Plugin::URI provides nicer and safer way to get Controller action methods as URIs
- Read and write PhantomJS cookies file using HTTP::Cookies::PhantomJS
- Mojolicious::Plugin::ErrorsAndWarnings stores errors and warnings during a request for powerful introspection
- Run a consul server for testing using Test::Consul
This article was originally posted on PerlTricks.com.
Something wrong with this article? Help us out by opening an issue or pull request on GitHub