What's new on CPAN - September 2015
Welcome to “What’s new on CPAN”, a curated look at last month’s new CPAN uploads for your reading and programming pleasure. Enjoy!
Module of the month
MsgPack::RPC is a client for the MessagePack-RPC standard. It’s fully featured, providing send, notify, event subscription and logging.
Module author Yanick Champoux has blogged about his motivations for developing MsgPack::RPC to use it with Neovim. His entertaining musings are a good read. Now you can get an API to Neovim using his other new module, Neovim::RPC. Awesome work!
APIs & Apps
- API::Client is a general-purpose API client class
- Get simple OATH authentication with App::OATH
- App::p5stack manages your dependencies and Perl requirements in a local directory. Looks useful for standalone projects, packaging etc
- Net::PhotoBackup::Server - everyone backs up their photos right?
- Rarbg::torrentapi is a Wrapper around Rarbg torrentapi
- WWW::Zotero provides a Perl interface to the Zotero API
- WebService::Scaleway is a Perl interface to Scaleway, the cloud VPN provider
Config & Devops
- Config::Station looks interesting: class-based; it can load configurations from files and the environment
- Log all DBI queries with DBI::Log. Awesome!
- DBIx::TempDB creates temporary databases for testing - supports Postgres, MySQL, SQLite
- Render data structures for easy grepping using Data::Crumbr
- Diachronic collocation index using DiaColloDB. Don’t know what this is, but it looks interesting.
- Image::JpegMinimal creates JPEG previews without headers.
- MarpaX::RFC::RFC3987 parse and validate IRIs with this Marpa module
- Message::String a “pragma” to declare and organise messaging.
- Brat::Handler is a Perl module for managing Brat files.
Development & Version Control
- Class::Anonymous get private classes with private data “for realz”.
- This looks like a useful analysis tool; Devel::Trace::Subs tracks code flow and stack traces.
- Do acceptance testing for JSON-Schema based validators with Test::JSON::Schema::Acceptance
- Yes!! Retry test functions on failure using Test::Retry
- Perl extension for Device::Modem::SMSModem
- A driver for the Pertelian X2040 USB LCD with Device::Pertelian
- Easily tie database data to Gtk2 / Wx based apps using Gtk2::Ex::DbLinker::DbTools
- Eliminate an entire email thread with Mail::ThreadKiller
Science & Mathematics
- Image::Libpuzzle provides a Perl interface to libpuzzle - the image similarity library
- Bio::Tradis can Bio-Tradis contains a set of tools to analyze the output from TraDIS analyses
- Manipulate RGB tuples with Number::RGB
- Time::Date appears to be the simplest date time implementation in Perl yet. I wonder what the limitations are?
- Create a JSON View that owns its own data with Catalyst::View::JSON::PerRequest
- Add templates to the Data Section of Catalyst views using Catalyst::View::MicroTemplate::DataSection
- Replay terminal captures in your Dancer app using Dancer::Plugin::Showterm
- Future::Mojo let’s you use futures with Mojo::IOLoop. Very cool!
- The arms-race for faster continues! Replace HTTP::Headers and HTTP::Headers::Fast with HTTP::XSHeaders
- Mercury is an application broker class
This article was originally posted on PerlTricks.com.
Something wrong with this article? Help us out by opening an issue or pull request on GitHub