What's new on CPAN - September 2015
Welcome to “What’s new on CPAN”, a curated look at last month’s new CPAN uploads for your reading and programming pleasure. Enjoy!
Module of the month
Module author Yanick Champoux has blogged about his motivations for developing MsgPack::RPC to use it with Neovim. His entertaining musings are a good read. Now you can get an API to Neovim using his other new module, Neovim::RPC. Awesome work!
APIs & Apps
- API::Client is a general-purpose API client class
- Get simple OATH authentication with App::OATH
- App::p5stack manages your dependencies and Perl requirements in a local directory. Looks useful for standalone projects, packaging etc
- Net::PhotoBackup::Server - everyone backs up their photos right?
- Rarbg::torrentapi is a Wrapper around Rarbg torrentapi
- WWW::Zotero provides a Perl interface to the Zotero API
- WebService::Scaleway is a Perl interface to Scaleway, the cloud VPN provider
Config & Devops
- Config::Station looks interesting: class-based; it can load configurations from files and the environment
- Log all DBI queries with DBI::Log. Awesome!
- DBIx::TempDB creates temporary databases for testing - supports Postgres, MySQL, SQLite
- Render data structures for easy grepping using Data::Crumbr
- Diachronic collocation index using DiaColloDB. Don’t know what this is, but it looks interesting.
- Image::JpegMinimal creates JPEG previews without headers.
- MarpaX::RFC::RFC3987 parse and validate IRIs with this Marpa module
- Message::String a “pragma” to declare and organise messaging.
- Brat::Handler is a Perl module for managing Brat files.
Development & Version Control
- Class::Anonymous get private classes with private data “for realz”.
- This looks like a useful analysis tool; Devel::Trace::Subs tracks code flow and stack traces.
- Do acceptance testing for JSON-Schema based validators with Test::JSON::Schema::Acceptance
- Yes!! Retry test functions on failure using Test::Retry
- Perl extension for Device::Modem::SMSModem
- A driver for the Pertelian X2040 USB LCD with Device::Pertelian
- Easily tie database data to Gtk2 / Wx based apps using Gtk2::Ex::DbLinker::DbTools
- Eliminate an entire email thread with Mail::ThreadKiller
Science & Mathematics
- Image::Libpuzzle provides a Perl interface to libpuzzle - the image similarity library
- Bio::Tradis can Bio-Tradis contains a set of tools to analyze the output from TraDIS analyses
- Manipulate RGB tuples with Number::RGB
- Time::Date appears to be the simplest date time implementation in Perl yet. I wonder what the limitations are?
- Create a JSON View that owns its own data with Catalyst::View::JSON::PerRequest
- Add templates to the Data Section of Catalyst views using Catalyst::View::MicroTemplate::DataSection
- Replay terminal captures in your Dancer app using Dancer::Plugin::Showterm
- Future::Mojo let’s you use futures with Mojo::IOLoop. Very cool!
- The arms-race for faster continues! Replace HTTP::Headers and HTTP::Headers::Fast with HTTP::XSHeaders
- Mercury is an application broker class
This article was originally posted on PerlTricks.com.
Something wrong with this article? Help us out by opening an issue or pull request on GitHub