What's new on CPAN - November 2014
Welcome to “What’s new on CPAN”, a curated look at last month’s new CPAN uploads for your reading and programming pleasure. Lot’s of cool new stuff on CPAN in November, including: a new take on fatpacking Perl programs, TiVo for LWP and a lightning-fast Plack handler.
APIs & Apps
- Ceph::Rados provides a Perl interface to librados, the distributed object store
- Manage your to-do lists with App::todoist an app for todoist.com
- App::loggrep implements a date search for log files
- Exchange SMS with Perl and ClickSend using SMS::ClickSend
- App::Implode packs Perl programs into a single executable file using a cpanfile. Alternative to App::FatPacker et al
- GnuCash::SQLite provides a Perl interface for GnuCash SQLite files
Config & DevOps
- Want a parsed list of all Amazon Web Service ip addresses? Check out AWS::Networks
- recommended loads preferred modules on demand at runtime, but won’t die if they’re not available
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Bitbucket is a Dist Zilla plugin for GitHub alternative, Bitbucket
- Need to create a temp directory whilst running tests? Check out Test::TempDir::Tiny, it will create a temp directory and not delete it if tests fail.
- Algorithm::ConsistentHash::JumpHash implements the Jump consistent hash algorithm
- Parse and format IRC messages using String::Tagged::IRC
- Regexp::Lexer tokenizes regexes, very cool!
Games & Entertainment
- Crypt::Trifid implements the classic Trifid cipher dating from 1901. Do not hash your passwords with it!
- Video::Generator is a Perl class for, err creating videos
Math, Science & Language
- Bio::KEGG::API provides a Perl interface to the KEGG database (Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes)
- Finance::StockAccount is a well-documented, comprehensive module for monitoring stock portfoloio performance.
- Types::Git is an interesting distribution; it provides several Perl Type::Tiny classes for Git related types
- Ingy and David’s Inline module has a great new tutorial, it’s well worth reading.
- MooX::Prototype implements the prototype pattern
- TiVo for LWP; record and playback LWP interactions with Test::VCR::LWP
- Test::JSON::RPC::Autodoc generates markdown documentation for JSON RPC Web applications
- What a great idea: Selenium::Screenshot lets you compare and contrast Selenium screenshots to detect UI changes.
- Gazelle is an XS-based, preforking Plack handler, for, (to quote the docs) “performance freaks”. Let’s see some benchmarks!
This article was originally posted on PerlTricks.com.
Something wrong with this article? Help us out by opening an issue or pull request on GitHub